Ch. 70: Time Nearing Its End

"Maybe we need to find you some help." Lara said.

With the sound of those words, Julia felt a chill vibrate through her. Those words meant that their time together would come to an end. If her ankle was broken, she couldn't go any further. Even if it was just sprained as Lara suggested, the swelling would increase, the pain would get worse, and it would still take days and weeks before Julia could do any significant walking.

"Here, why don't I find a spot just inside the trees where we can pitch the tent and you can lay down in the shade."

Lara looked around for awhile and found a small space close by that was fairly dry and concealed underneath some thick growth of trees. She put up the tent, and then helped Julia get inside.

"I'm going to look for some clean water, and maybe some more food" Lara said. "I'll try not to be too long, OK?"

"OK. Be careful!"

"OK!"

Lara continued down the dry stream bed, hoping she might find running water somewhere.

She had traveled another quarter mile and found nothing but trash and junk. But several steps later she stopped after she spotted what appeared to be a house in the distance.

She walked over to one side the stream bed, using the trees as a partial cover, and then walked carefully in the direction of the house. She got close enough to where she could get a better look. She spotted a couple of young women wearing white blouses and medium length dark skirts walking across a garden, and then disappeared.

Lara thought about approaching and telling them about Julia and how she needed help. But she decided the day was still early and wondered if Julia would want to know about it first and let her decide on what to do. Nonetheless, it appeared if Julia really needed help right away, she'd be able to get it.

Lara backtracked on her way back to Julia.

When she arrived she found her in the tent, moaning and wincing at the pain in her ankle.

"Julia?" Lara asked.

"Hi" Julia answered.

"I walked further downstream and saw a large house and a couple of people there. I bet we could get help there, but I decided I should ask you first if you want me to bring them here to you."

Julia didn't answer, but looked as if she was thinking and having trouble deciding. Finally she answered, "No, I want to wait a little bit."

"OK" Lara said.

Julia touched and squeezed her ankle.

"Maybe we can rest long enough for it to heal?" Julia asked.

"I don't know." Lara answered. "Even if it's a sprain, it'll take a few days just to be able to walk on it."

Julia winced and cried again. "It's hurting really bad!"

Lara touched Julia's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Lara. But I guess I ruined the rest of our adventure."

"No! Not at all! You made this the best time of my life!"

Julia managed to stop weeping.

"I got to enjoy the two things I love the most, being nude outdoors and being with you." Lara said warmly.

"Thanks, this has been the best time of my life too! Even if my Dad is going to kill me!" Julia said.

Lara chuckled. "Oh, your Dad is not going to do anything but hug you!"

Julia let out a sarcastic laugh. "You don't know my Daddy! He's always so skeptical and stubborn. He's just... Ugh!"

Lara looked solemn.

Julia winced. "Uhh! It's hurting!"