Ch. 72: Naked Girls Showering

"Oh Dear Lord, the smell!" The woman the complained. "Dora stop. Take them to the shower instead."

"What is this place?" Julia asked.

"This is a home for abused women." The woman answered.

"But why is everyone wearing uniforms?" Lara asked.

"Never mind that right now." The woman said. "You two need showers. You smell like the swamp!"

Both Lara and Julia were led down a hallway into a large bathroom with several toilets, sinks, and a large shower hall with numerous shower heads.

"Dora, get this young lady one of those plastic chairs to sit in." The woman instructed. "There's soap and shampoo right here, and a set of towels over there.  When you're finished, you'll put on some clean clothes."

Lara stepped into the shower hall and turned on the water.  She hadn't had a hot shower for several days.

Julia waited for the chair to be brought.

"Oh my God! This feels so good!" Lara exclaimed as she stood under a shower of warm water.

Dora came by bringing a plastic chair for Julia to sit in under the shower. She helped Julia under a shower head, she sat down into the chair. There was a brief moment of cold water, to which Julia tightened and shrieked, but it quickly turned warm.

"Do you think you'll have to put on those clothes?" Julia asked Lara.

"Hell no, I'm not putting them on!" She swore. "I just barely started."

"Started what?"

"My life!" Lara clarified. "No way I'm quitting now."

Lara walked away from her shower and over to Julia. She took a bar of soak, rubbed it in her hands, and began washing Julia's body.

"She's probably calling the police right now." Julia muttered.

"Yeah, probably".

"What are you going to do?"

"Well, I can't stay here." Lara replied.

"So this is it then?" Julia asked sadly.

"This is what?" Lara replied.

"This is where we split up?"

"Hell no Julia! I'm committed to you now. I'm never going to leave you!"

Julia took in a big breath of dismay.

"They're going to arrest you Lara. We'll both in be jail at least until my dad comes get me, but you'll probably be there longer until they figure it out. I mean even if they figure out you're innocent they'll probably keep you around as a witness. Nan and her mom will probably go to trial and you'll have to testify. It's going to be a long time until you can be free again." Julia said.

"No, I'll come get you." Lara said. "Maybe you just need some rest for a day or two. I'll come back for you and we'll get out of here."

"She's probably calling the police right now!" Julia remarked. "They're probably on their way! Besides, I think my ankle is broken. It really hurts bad!"

Lara stopped washing Julia and faced her from the front.

"I can't leave you Julia! I just can't. Not after all this."

"You have to go Lara. I don't want to be the reason you had to give up the life you wanted."

"No! You are the life I want!" Lara insisted, turning to face Julia. "Don't you see? I love you! I'm yours, you're mine. We'll figure this out, we'll..."

"How Lara?" Julia raised her voice, weeping. "Maybe when you're settled somewhere, but not right now Lara. Not having to run and hide everyday. Not having to search for food and water everyday. I mean I love you too! But I don't know that I'm cut out for this kind of running!"

Lara crouched down beside Julia's chair and put her hands to her face and began weeping as well.

"You just have to go Lara. I'll be OK." Julia's voice cracked under the emotion. "My dad will get me out this. OK? Just go!"

Lara broke out into a cry, standing back up and walking out of the shower to get a towel. She could no longer contain herself and moaned and wept.

"Maybe some day you can write to my aunt. I'll probably end up there."