Ch. 3: Julia's New Car

"I'm definitely going to need this when I go to college!" Julia explained with excitement over her new car.

"So your parents bought you this?" Lara asked.

"Yes! For graduation!" Julia answered. "Come on, I want to take you for a ride!"

"OK, let me get my clothes on!"

Lara went back inside her house and returned with a t-shirt and a pair of sweat pants. The two got in, and drove off.

"Are you going to drive this up to Fort Wayne?" Lara asked, as Julia headed down the street.

"Yeah, all the way!"

"So it's Indiana Tech then, huh?"

Julia nodded. "Yeah, definitely Indiana Tech. I can stay with my aunt and cut my expenses. She's already making room for me."

"That's great. I'm really happy for you." Lara said in a somewhat dry tone.

"Have you figured out where you're going to go?" Julia asked.

"I don't know." Lara answered. "I don't think I want to go to school anymore."

"You just need to find something that interests you, that you can focus on."

"Yeah, like what?"

"Maybe you should become a writer?" Julia offered. "I mean, I know you like to read!"

"I don’t know." Lara said. "You can't make any money writing."

"Well, you don't have to make a lot of money, you just need to make enough to get by.” Julia tried to reason. "I mean, you have an advantage; you don't have to buy clothes!" She giggled.

If anything, nudism was something Lara was interested in.

She was introduced to it at the age of 12.  It was the summer after elementary school, and she had just met Teresa.  Teresa's mother was a nudist, opting to live nude at home and spending her weekends and vacations at nudist resorts. She encouraged her daughter to embrace nudism as well, reasoning that she should be proud of her body.

Every summer Teresa and her mother spent a few weeks at a nudist camp in South Carolina. Teresa asked if Lara could go with them.  Lara asked her mother for permission, and her mother agreed.

After three weeks of being naked outdoors, Lara discovered she loved nudism too. She wasn't exactly sure why, but she reasoned that it made her feel free and happy.

Eventually Lara had recognized there was something about nudity that emphasized the vulnerability she felt inside. It was a way to make transparent the walls that confined the six-year old girl deep inside. She hated having people analyze her problems. She didn't like being recorded on audio or video, and she didn't like people asking questions intended to penetrate into deepest part of her mind. But she did offer the world a small window into her psyche in the form of nudity. However others wanted to interpret her public display was up to them. But only a handful of people who took the time to befriend her would ever fully understand how she used nudity as a form of self-expression.

Lara began visiting Teresa more often so that she could experience nudity.

Lara's mother eventually gave in to her requests to remain nude in the house, but only on the condition that she put her clothes back on when they had guests.

"You still have to have some clothes." Lara said to Julia.

"Well, maybe you can be the first naked writer!" Julia joked.

"Naked writer?" Lara looked at Julia with surprise.

"Hey, if anyone can get by without clothes, it's definitely you Lara!"

Lara rolled her eyes.

"I mean, you could make a big name for yourself!"

"Yeah, sure; I'll bet everyone will have a lot of names for me." Lara said negatively.

Julia continued driving, and for a minute the two didn't say anything.

Finally, Lara pulled her t-shirt off and then lifted her butt up off the seat and removed her sweats.