Ch. 17: Another Kind Stranger

Traffic had gotten worse in downtown Columbia. Trying to drive out of the grid pattern of traffic was testing Julia's patience. As a relatively new driver, with a brand new car, she was feeling overwhelmed.

Lara, on the other hand, was elated.

"Mmm!" She sounded taking a bite out of a muffin. "Apple crumb! One of my favorites!"

Suddenly, the two girls heard a whistling sound, followed by a guy yelling, "Woo!" It was a truck driver that had pulled up next to them while waiting for the traffic signal to turn green. He had rolled down his window to get Lara's attention.

Lara looked up at the truck driver and smiled.

"Show me your titties!" He yelled out.

Julia gasped, then rolled her eyes.

Lara turned her body towards the passenger side window. She didn't have much to show off. Her slender build just didn't blossom out like most teenage girls.

"Lara! No!" Julia raised her voice.

"What?" Lara asked.

"Come on! You've never been like this before."

"Like what?"

"Like this! Like posing for photographs, walking up naked to random guys, showing off your boobs."

"Whatever."

When the light had turned green, Julia accelerated down the street, but turn left down a smaller street hoping the truck driver would pass on by.

"Look, I don't want to be mean, but once I get to Fort Wayne, and you're on your own, you're going to have to learn how to stay away from situations like that where people start making you feel traumatized."

Lara knew she was right, but the advice made her feel analyzed, which also made her uncomfortable. 

"I know." She acknowledged. "You're right. I'll try better."

"You just have to stop and look at the situation. First find your escape route, tell yourself that that's how you will escape, then go in try to get what you need."

"Yeah, I know. You're right."

"You OK?" Julia asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I just need to eat something."

 "Hey, you know I love you. You're my best friend!" Julia added, trying reassure her she wasn't angry.

Lara smiled. "I know, I love you too."

"Shit!" Julia exclaimed, slamming her hand on the steering wheel.

"What? What is it?"

"We're on a dead end road. I thought I could get back on the Interstate from here. Now I don't know where I am!"

Julia began making various right and left turns down several streets, hoping to find her way to a freeway on-ramp.

"Here." She said, handing Lara her cellphone. "Can you find out how to get us back on?"

Lara took the phone and opened up a mapping application. But having not ever used a mapping application, she wasn't sure how to help.

"I don't know how to use this!" Lara said.

"Well, I need help!" Julia insisted.

"Well why did you turn down this way? We were already on the right road!"

"Because I didn't want the truck driver following us!" Julia complained.

Lara was shaken again. She sat quiet. She felt the stigma of blame wash over her. Julia continued looking for a way to get back on the Interstate. Lara leaned her head against the passenger side window and withdrew into herself.

"Hey, I'm sorry." Julia apologized.

Lara didn't respond.

Julia touched her Lara's shoulder.

"I'm sorry, OK?"

Lara shrugged. She didn't want to be touched, nor did she want to answer. Instead, she reclined the seat backwards so that she could lay down and close her eyes.

Julia continued searching for her way to the Interstate. She was witnessing Lara going through so many emotional states and drifting through different personalities so frequently that she didn't know to do her self. With Lara being far from home, without the safety of her bedroom, there was so much external input that Lara was becoming out of control.

Julia finally found the on-ramp to the Interstate and began accelerating out of Columbia. Moments later, Lara began masturbating, gently stroking her clitoris, and withdrawing into her six year old girl. Julia kept her focus on driving.

"What a pretty little girl!" Miss Stanton praised, putting her hands on her waist and smiling proudly at a young Lara. "Come here and sit on my lap!"

"Hi Miss Stanton! I missed you!"

"Well, I've missed you too!"

Miss Stanton ran her fingers through Lara's hair.

"You have the most softest, prettiest hair I have ever seen! And your eyes are so blue, and your soft little lips are so rosy and red!"

Lara smiled.

"Look what I have for you! A pretty pink ribbon!"

"Lara's eyes opened wide. She grinned with such anticipation.

We're going to tie a cute little bow on hair, and you're going to look so cute!"