Ch. 24: Barefoot and Muddy

"Lara?" A voice called out.

Lara awoke to the sound of Julia's voice. It was still pitch black outside.

"Huh?" Lara asked.

"Where are we?"

"Oh," Lara said and paused as she tried to collect herself. She blinked her eyes several times trying to see in total darkness.

"I think we're on the side of the road somewhere. I don't know. It was raining really hard and I could hardly see."

Julia reached for the radio in her car and pushed a button to see what time it was. It read 1:23AM.

"I gotta use the restroom." Julia said.

"I don't think there's anything out there." Lara replied.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I kept driving and I got lost. I don't know where we are."

The rain had largely stopped, but there was still a light sprinkle. However some rather large droplets of water was still falling from the trees and peppering the roof of the car.

"Shit! And I don't have a flashlight!" Julia complained.

"Maybe I can turn on the headlights." Lara answered.

"Yeah, OK" said Julia.

Lara turned the key and lit up the road ahead. It looked very eerie outside, just a muddy dirt road that turned to the left with tall trees on either side. It looked scary enough that Julia didn't want to get out.

"Damn it, I gotta pee!" She said.

"I'm sorry!" Lara replied. "I got on the wrong road, and couldn't find a place to turn around."

"It's OK, it's not your fault."

She cracked open the passenger side door and looked down at the ground. It was covered with leaves. She put her foot out and noticed the ground felt mushy. When she put weight on it, her shoe slid.

"Yuck!" She yelled out. "It's really muddy here."

"Maybe we should drive and find another place." Lara asked.

"No, I think I can manage for now."

Julia took some careful steps and managed to get a few feet behind the car and pulled her pants and panties down. She tried to crouch down, but didn't feel stable enough in the mud. She pulled her pants and panties back up without peeing, and walked carefully back inside the car, but took off her muddied shoes and left them outside.

"I can't do this. It's too muddy out there to crouch down. I'm going to have to take my pants off."

Julia lifted her legs and managed to pull her pants and panties off. She opened her door and carefully stepped outside and shut it.

Using the car to hold on to, she spread her legs apart and peed on the mud. A sprinkling of rain, along with drops of water from the trees, showered her half-nude body from above.

Lara used this opportunity to pee also. She opened her driver's side door, stepped out, and crouched down.

Meanwhile, Julia returned to the passenger side door, opened it and called out for Lara.

"What?" Lara answered.

"I need a towel or something! My feet are really muddy!"

"OK, wait a second!"

 Lara peeked through the driver's side door to look at Julia standing by the passenger side door.

"Where can I find them?"

"I have some wash cloths and bath towels in that tote bag behind the driver's seat. Can you get them?"

Lara moved the driver's seat forward so that she could reach into the back. She found the tote bag, brought it out and then set it on the driver's seat. She began combing through it to find the towels."

"Here!" She said, tossing a towel to Julia.

"Ahhh!" She heard Julia cry, followed by a "thud" and "squish"...